Breed/roo??

whychickens2

Chirping
Sep 20, 2016
florida
Can someone please tell me if these two are roos. They were supposed to be wheaton Americana (not easter egger) females but now that they are 4 m old im doubting both breed and sex

:/

Both are females for sure. Could be Wheaten Ameraucaunas. The one doesn't have quite as much of a bear and muffs as she should though. And the both don't have as much black in the tails as they should. The main tail feathers should be mainly black in Wheaten females. May change as they mature though. Feathers can change a lot in first few molts.

Positive they're both females, so that's a start.

they're both wheaten-ish in color.

Agree with gray farms, not sure about the quality of the Ameraucana part, if they're pure or not. Can't really tell from the pics.

Positive they're both females, so that's a start.

they're both wheaten-ish in color.

Agree with gray farms, not sure about the quality of the Ameraucana part, if they're pure or not. Can't really tell from the pics.
Agreed

Thank you!! This is a stupid question but what gives away that they are female. They are so bold acting and they walk really tall not so much like my other hens. I do think they were badly bred i wish i could get a better pic but they are always on the move lol.

Its all in the feathers. Especially with the Wheaten pattern. (not my birds, internet pics)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom