Breed suggestions for my preferences...

if you google chanteclers breeders you'll get some. You'll get the hatcheries, but you'll get some breeders too.

ETA: I didn't really give an opinion earlier... I do love the brahmas I've had; I've had three; all hatchery. They were ok, not that prone to broodiness, but hatchery quality isn't usually prone to that.
I also liked my hatchery Buckeye.
The only non-hatchery birds I have are my araucana and I Love them. LOL

I second the vote for Brahmas. Our original flock started with two of them, and they are great. Very cold-hardy with sweet dispositions, and decent egg layers. Another suggestion I would like to make is Australorps. They also fit those categories, plus they are "eggcellent" egg layers! Seriously. They lay LOTS of eggs!
Terrific! Yup I do like my brahmas! Glad to see a vote for Australorps too. You guys are helping me narrow down my list of interests thank goodness!!

if you google chanteclers breeders you'll get some. You'll get the hatcheries, but you'll get some breeders too.

ETA: I didn't really give an opinion earlier... I do love the brahmas I've had; I've had three; all hatchery. They were ok, not that prone to broodiness, but hatchery quality isn't usually prone to that.
I also liked my hatchery Buckeye.
The only non-hatchery birds I have are my araucana and I Love them. LOL
I would like some Araucanas. If for nothing more than another style to enjoy visually.

Back
Top Bottom