Breed??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChucktheChick, Jul 20, 2016.

1. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    I have two birds I am unsure of the breed for. The first one is named Owen. I am pretty sure he's a male and a creole oegb. If he is an OE he needs to be dubbed but I'm not sure how to do that or where to go for that. Any tips? Can I dub myself? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second is a pullet (?) named Christina. No idea what breed. Hoping to show her but might not be possible. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Owen is a Crele OEG bantam. He doesn't have to be dubbed. Usually only dub them if they are going to be shown. Ideally I'd find a person that shows or breeds OEG bantams and have them dub him. Its not as simple as just cutting the comb and wattles off. There is a proper technique to doing it to have them look right.

Christina looks to be an Ancona pullet. Possibly a bantam, she looks kinda small. She's got potential to be shown, depending on how she molts next time. Her mottling is not the best but she could molt in better next time. Nice wide tail too.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    x 2 plus Owen is a doll!

4. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    x3

5. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Thank you! Your advice is appreciated!

Thank you, I named them after Christina and Owen off of greys anatomy. He's pretty cute.

thank you!

6. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    happy to help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by