Breed?

Mikaela2016

Chirping
Feb 17, 2019
Hello all, I'm not new to chickens but was curious if my hen is something other than an easter egger. I got her from a rk or tsc bantam bin a year ago. Shes the absolute sweetest little hen and decided to go broody until my Tom broke the nesting box and dropped her eggs 😒 she has the muffs and greenish legs which the legs lead me to believe shes Easter egger but I didnt think they put easter Eggers in bantam bins? She also lays a white/cream color egg.

Attachments

• 20200425_204654.jpg
    20200425_204654.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 11
I think she is a Easter egged because of her green eggs and her pattern I have see in my friends birds. Also Easter eggers are able to lay any color eggs. The common color is green/blue but they can lay anything. Just like a Easter egg it cam be any color. Also some chicken breed or not lay weaird color eggs. On of my Sebrights started laying ping eggs.

I think she is a Easter egged because of her green eggs and her pattern I have see in my friends birds. Also Easter eggers are able to lay any color eggs. The common color is green/blue but they can lay anything. Just like a Easter egg it cam be any color. Also some chicken breed or not lay weaird color eggs. On of my Sebrights started laying ping eggs.

OP states she has green legs not green eggs and lays a white/cream colored egg in the post. Also she has a rose comb and came from an assorted bantam bin of hatchery chicks. Pattern is spot on for a Quail female. Far better chance it's a d'Anvers than an Easter Egger.

Oh sorry I meant legs not eggs. It could very well be another breed. Just suggesting what I know. I an always up for learning more!

Back
Top Bottom