Breed?

They could have been sexlinks or Production Reds, but if you've only got females there's no real way to sort them out. The males would be different colors, but all the females would be red in any case (with either kind able to have black tails.)

Leghorns are supposed to have white earlobes, and that bird appears to have red ones.

I suppose it will become clear when she starts laying eggs. Leghorns lay white eggs, but Production Reds lay brown eggs and so do all of the other types we've been talking about.
Ahh, okay. I was trying to see the earlobes, but I couldn't really tell.

I am 99% sure you have a Cinnamon Queen they are a Red sexed hybrid between. A RIR rooster and a white or silver Wyandotte hen these pretty birds are very cold hardy and early egg layers some as early ar 16 weeks there very curious and sweet the pellets are all brown red and roos are white hope this helps you out

I am 99% sure you have a Cinnamon Queen they are a Red sexed hybrid between. A RIR rooster and a white or silver Wyandotte hen these pretty birds are very cold hardy and early egg layers some as early ar 16 weeks there very curious and sweet the pellets are all brown red and roos are white hope this helps you out
She has no white at all and most CQ have a little bit of white so i dont think she is

Attachments

• 20211118_102735.jpg
    20211118_102735.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 2
Here are pics of 5 different CQs in our coop at 14 weeks they all look very similar to your bird

Attachments

• 20211118_102710.jpg
    20211118_102710.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211118_102630.jpg
    20211118_102630.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211118_102602.jpg
    20211118_102602.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211118_102557.jpg
    20211118_102557.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 2
Here are pics of 5 different CQs in our coop at 14 weeks they all look very similar to your bird
The comb is different.
Your Cinnamon Queens have rose combs (from the Wyandotte parent), but OP's chicken has a single comb.

The color pattern is a little different, too. Yours have black sprinkled in the feathers (not-quite lacing inherited from the laced Wyandotte), but OP's chicken does not.

Oh, I see your last one has a single comb (just like some Wyandottes do have but are not supposed to.) So yes, a Cinnamon Queen could have a single comb, but most of yours do have rose combs, and do have black in the body feathers, unlike OP's chicken.

I still think OP has a Production Red, or else a hatchery-quality Rhode Island Red or perhaps hatchery-quality New Hampshire. (Those three being almost identical when hatcheries breed them, although the RIR and the NH do look different when carefully bred for appearance.)

The comb is different.
Your Cinnamon Queens have rose combs (from the Wyandotte parent), but OP's chicken has a single comb.

The color pattern is a little different, too. Yours have black sprinkled in the feathers (not-quite lacing inherited from the laced Wyandotte), but OP's chicken does not.

Oh, I see your last one has a single comb (just like some Wyandottes do have but are not supposed to.) So yes, a Cinnamon Queen could have a single comb, but most of yours do have rose combs, and do have black in the body feathers, unlike OP's chicken.

I still think OP has a Production Red, or else a hatchery-quality Rhode Island Red or perhaps hatchery-quality New Hampshire. (Those three being almost identical when hatcheries breed them, although the RIR and the NH do look different when carefully bred for appearance.)
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom