Breed ?

Jodeekep

Chirping
May 2, 2023
I have 4 hens that I got from someone who could not care for them any longer. I wasn’t told the breed or anything. I was wondering what breed of hens I got. Also peep momma hen hatched some babies today. Got the eggs from my grandma who has pure breed barred rock. Looks like mostly male 😅

Attachments

• IMG_4016.jpeg
    IMG_4016.jpeg
    662.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4025.jpeg
    IMG_4025.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4026.jpeg
    IMG_4026.jpeg
    631 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4028.jpeg
    IMG_4028.jpeg
    541.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4032.jpeg
    IMG_4032.jpeg
    574.3 KB · Views: 20
First: Maybe Easter egger
Second: Maybe Cuckoo maran or barred rock
Third: I don’t know.
Fourth: Maybe blue rock.

I you want you can look up the breeds I mentioned and see yourself if that’s what you think they are. It also depends on what color eggs they lay, type of comb, etc. although Easter eggers lay a large variety.

First: Maybe Easter egger
Second: Maybe Cuckoo maran or barred rock
Third: I don’t know.
Fourth: Maybe blue rock.

I you want you can look up the breeds I mentioned and see yourself if that’s what you think they are. It also depends on what color eggs they lay, type of comb, etc. although Easter eggers lay a large variety.
Thank you the third is throwing me off. She has a white ear lobe and all my nanas doesn’t it’s all red. But I will look it up cause I’ve tried before but couldn’t find anything.

Golden laced Wyandotte, Barred rock, New Hampshire Red, Blue Andalusian
Thank you she’s a barred rock even her ear lopes are white ? I have a family member that just raises barred rock they don’t have white alway lopes. Also thank you the blue definitely lays a light cream/ white egg

I agree that they all look like mixes.

The second is closest to a Cuckoo Marans because of the white legs, but they don’t have white earlobes. The last one doesn’t have white earlobes so it isn’t a Blue Andalusian, but it also doesn’t have yellow legs so probably not a Blue Rock/Sapphire Gem either. The first and third don’t look like any specific breed as far as I know. They’re all lovely though!

I’d wait a few weeks until they begin feathering in before you consider all your Barred Rock chicks males. The headspots aren’t always accurate. It should be obvious once you can see the barring.

Back
Top Bottom