Breed?

kathydoolittle

Songster
10 Years
Dec 14, 2009
Pittsburg KS
Please help me with find the breed of:
001-4.jpg

This is a little one. I thought it was a M. Fluer but now i am really wonder. Any thoughts. Sorry for the bad pictures. The little fuzzy butt didn't want it's picture took.
005-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

It does have feathered feet.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ditto, rooster looks like a Black Copper Marans! If he isn't, than he's a mix of some sort.

The chick is a partridge silkie

Last edited:
Do you have a better picture of the cock?

If not, I would guess a poorly bred/colored Black Copper MaranS

Last edited:
Quote:
Ditto, rooster looks like a Black Copper Maran! If he isn't, than he's a mix of some sort.

I agree.

I was thinking Maran also. He was given to me and I know they bought Maran eggs to hatch. And only one hatched. But he didn't look like pictures of others. But looked similar. He's poor quality? I got him with several other chickens that where given to me. If he's poor quailty then I shouldn't matter what he is breed with? I don't have any other Marans yet. I have sex-link, Black Australorp, Light Brhama's, and some easter eggers, and one leg horn that's of breeding age. What would you breed him with, if it was you? They told me was an expensive bird. Looks like they got took. Thanks

Last edited:
Quote:
Well - his color is poor. Without a better side picture for conformation, then I would dub him "typical" quality. BCMs are wildly bred for dark eggs, not necessarily to maintain the standard
smile.png

You could pair him to other BCM hens, they would still be pure bred just not show quality. Though, without any, I would pair him with the EE hens for possible oliver egger chicks. How dark are your sex-link eggs? You might even make a project for birds that lay a lot of dark eggs.

Thanks so much. I do not show my birds. My sex-links are different shades from med to dark. I will put him with my EE and a couple of my darker sex-links. Thanks so much for your help.

Quote:
Ditto, rooster looks like a Black Copper Maran! If he isn't, than he's a mix of some sort.

I agree.

I agree too

Back
Top Bottom