Breed???

LilChickyCoop

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Timpson, TX 75975
My chickie's are 8 wks old. I know most of the breeds now but there are a few that I still need to find out what they are. Here's the scoop I bought the surprise special from Ideal Poultry (25 pullets) only 2 died so I have 23. I thought that was pretty good since this was my first time doing this.
Well I know I have a Wellsummer, Golden Campines, Blue Andalusians and Exchequer Leghorns, but there are 3 or 4 that I have that I don't know what they are. I would really appreciate your help.

#10 is definitely a silver spangled hamburg. I think you have two different chickens labeled as #10. The first in the series does not seem to be a silver spangled hamburg.

#14 looks like a Jersey giant to me.

#10 is definitely a silver spangled hamburg. I think you have two different chickens labeled as #10. The first in the series does not seem to be a silver spangled hamburg.

#14 looks like a Jersey giant to me.
x2

you do have 2 different chicks labeled as 10 1st i think it is a Silver Campine the other one a hamburg

11 looks wheaten or blue wheaten to me

Last edited:
The first '10' looks like a silver penciled egyptian fayoumi. The coloring doesn't look as evenly barred as a campine's, more like a lace almost.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the info. She is very shy, they all come to me and get up on me but she hides from me and looks around the corner at m, she is so funny. I hope in time she will get out of her shyness. Yes you are right about me labeling it wrong I do have 2 chicks with about the same markings, I messed up. I am so glad you caught that. thank you.

Last edited:
silver campine

roosters
CampineCklsFredGeorge.JPEG

hens

SilvCampineH3.JPEG

egyptian fayoumi

rooster

FayoumiMUK.JPEG

hen

FayoumiFUK.JPEG

Thank you so much for the info. But it is the same chick as I only have one it maybe the lighting when she was in the trap door laying down. She is very shy, they all come to me and get up on me but she hides from me and looks around the corner at m, she is so funny. I hope in time she will get out of her shyness.
are you sure?? the first has a single comb and the other 2 pics look like pea combs and the pattern is even different...no im not trying to be mean lol...can you get a group shot? maybe after they go to bed (with some good lighting)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the info. But it is the same chick as I only have one it maybe the lighting when she was in the trap door laying down. She is very shy, they all come to me and get up on me but she hides from me and looks around the corner at m, she is so funny. I hope in time she will get out of her shyness.

actually, you have 3 #10s lol the first one that is grayish is the one I think may be a silver penciled fayoumi or silver campine. hdowden's pics have gotten me second guessing lol. The other two is a silver spangled hamburg.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom