Breed??

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Miss Beaky, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Miss Beaky

Miss Beaky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2014
    Can anyone identify my gosling?? [​IMG]

2. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, well it could be a female Pilgrim or similar, or a normal toulouse, (also called production toulouse) or any of that type of grey goose. Is this the lone baby?

Here´s a pic of some toulouse goslings in France that I found on the net.... see what you think....
    [​IMG]
    What colour was the one that you lost? One thing that looks more like female Pilgrim is that she has dark feet. I imagine she´s stood quite tall because of being alone?

3. Miss Beaky

Miss Beaky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2014
    Thank you! Very helpful and yes this is the lone baby. I can tell she misses the other one but she has been running around with all the other ducks today as normal. I really hope she is okay. The other gosling was identical to the one above. The gosling I have seems to be the same as the ones in the pic but as you say - with darker feet.

4. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Chillin' With My Peeps

Generally, the goslings that come from the european geese (greylag) all look very similar, other than in colour. So it can be difficult to give a very accurate guess. It´s a bit easier once they become adult.
    Did you buy it in a feedstore? A breeder? What did you expect it to be? Just trying to narrow it down a bit....

5. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    Darker feet that turn orange slowly can also result of a chinese or African cross.
    But also in greylags

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by