Breeders, how do you ship yor eggs?

Bubble wrap each individual egg. Then I pack in shredded news paper as tight as the box will allow and without harming the eggs of course. Just mainly so nothing can move around. Sometimes I also use air pillows. They look like 4"x 4" bubble wrap. Works well and very light for shipping weight purposes. The shredded papers tends to be heavier so it cost a little more to ship. I always use USPS for shipping, unless someone wants to pay UPS or FedEx prices. (Most everyone does not).

The post office has Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes and Priority Mail (Mailing Boxes) the flat rate boxes are a little more expensive usually than the mailing boxes. So I usually try to get the Mailing boxes. Saves a little on shipping. They are 2-3 days to most anywhere in the U.S. lower 48.

Last edited:
I think it takes me longer to pack eggs than it takes the hens to lay them.
jumpy.gif

I cut 4 inch wide strips of bubble wrap, then I make a pocket in the bottom of the strip and tape that together. I place the egg in sideways in the pocket and roll it up in the bubble wrap. When I get to the end I tape that shut, then I tape the end flaps closed.

Then i put 4 wrapped eggs in a row like this 0000 and I tape each egg to the next on both sides. Then I make another one. Then I put my 2 strips of eggs side by side and bubble wrap the entire egg package, that will be one row of eggs. And then I will wrap both packs of 8 eggs on another peice of bubble wrap and tape that up.

I can ship 16 regular eggs like this and 12 turkey eggs. Reports on my shipped eggs hatching are always very good and I think it is because the eggs can't move.

Then I put shredded paper in the bottom of the box, I reuse plastic grocery bags and stuff the corners with them after I have the eggs in the box, I use more shredded paper, and another peice of bubble wrap on top. I always make sure there is very little movement in the box.

But make sure your packing isn't too tight, I have got eggs myself that have been crushed because of too much packing.

I also use USPS

I think it takes me longer to pack eggs than it takes the hens to lay them.
jumpy.gif

I cut 4 inch wide strips of bubble wrap, then I make a pocket in the bottom of the strip and tape that together. I place the egg in sideways in the pocket and roll it up in the bubble wrap. When I get to the end I tape that shut, then I tape the end flaps closed.

Then i put 4 wrapped eggs in a row like this 0000 and I tape each egg to the next on both sides. Then I make another one. Then I put my 2 strips of eggs side by side and bubble wrap the entire egg package, that will be one row of eggs. And then I will wrap both packs of 8 eggs on another peice of bubble wrap and tape that up.

I can ship 16 regular eggs like this and 12 turkey eggs. Reports on my shipped eggs hatching are always very good and I think it is because the eggs can't move.

Then I put shredded paper in the bottom of the box, I reuse plastic grocery bags and stuff the corners with them after I have the eggs in the box, I use more shredded paper, and another peice of bubble wrap on top. I always make sure there is very little movement in the box.

But make sure your packing isn't too tight, I have got eggs myself that have been crushed because of too much packing.

I also use USPS
I like the idea of taping the four eggs together. I might try that my next shipment. Thanks for sharing!

we have had great sucess using mammawolfs method but instead of shredded papper we use the white fiber they use to fill pillows to take up extra space but not to tight just so no movement

Back
Top Bottom