Breeders TN

Farmlife16

Songster
Aug 12, 2021
Does anyone know where I can access a list of chicken breeders in TN? Trying to find reputable breeders to buy more chickens from this upcoming spring.

Does anyone know where I can access a list of chicken breeders in TN? Trying to find reputable breeders to buy more chickens from this upcoming spring.
If you're looking for certain breeds, you can look up, say, for example 'heritage rhode island' breeders clubs online and registered breeders are listed by state.

Thanks, I did see a list on here, but I don't remember where I saw it. I will try looking online.

NPIP website.
You can search by state. Top menu bar has link.

once you search by TN (or other states), you will get a several page doc -looks confusing with the codes on the right side. But, it’s not.

on NPIP site, left side, go to stock codes, alphabetical. You want “R” (regular breeds), or “W” (bantam breeds). If you have a breed in mind, find the code. Now search your TN doc for that code (hint: use the “find” function in the drop down menu, enter code…it will tell you how many instances or hits). Use tab key to quickly go between hits.

but, if nothing else, you will see in state doc all NPIP people/businesses/breeders. You can see their address and contact info. If they went to the trouble of getting NPIP, they likely sell. Maybe CL, maybe page on fb (of course no animal selling on fb, but would have pics).

good luck

NPIP website.
You can search by state. Top menu bar has link.

once you search by TN (or other states), you will get a several page doc -looks confusing with the codes on the right side. But, it’s not.

on NPIP site, left side, go to stock codes, alphabetical. You want “R” (regular breeds), or “W” (bantam breeds). If you have a breed in mind, find the code. Now search your TN doc for that code (hint: use the “find” function in the drop down menu, enter code…it will tell you how many instances or hits). Use tab key to quickly go between hits.

but, if nothing else, you will see in state doc all NPIP people/businesses/breeders. You can see their address and contact info. If they went to the trouble of getting NPIP, they likely sell. Maybe CL, maybe page on fb (of course no animal selling on fb, but would have pics).

good luck
Thanks you so much for the detailed instructions!

Back
Top Bottom