Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
I have experimented with quite a few mixes over the years (hmm, I wonder how all those mixed breed eggs end up in the incubator.....
wink.png
) Here's a few pictures:

There are several barnyard mixes in this photo. The two hens in the feeder are both wheaten marans crossed with ???

The two black hens are andalusian mixes. I am really happy with this cross. They are great layers!

This is one cross I'm working on right now. These two bantams are d'uccle X game. The hen is a fabulous mother, and I really want more of this cross!

Some more photos of my flock. I have a bunch of other barnyard mixes, but I don't have any photos of them.

I have 10 eggs in the bator right now. I don't know what they are. I got them from a friend who got them from a friend. They were suppose to be for eating but i couldn't help myself! On day 6 now with 9 showing veins and 1 possible. I am guessing they are just barnyard mixes. I just cant wait!

Today is day 21 of our first incubation of mixed chicks. Most have Easter Egg moms, but a few are brown eggs. All of the parent chicks are pure or Easter Eggers, and we are excited to see what we get from the mixes. We had six young roosters who were potential parents, and hens of the same breeds. (Buff Orphington, Rhode Island Red, Black Australorp, Barred Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, and Easter Eggers) Two have just broken through the shells and we can hear them peeping to one another! I am taking a time lapsed video of their hatch and will post if I am able.

Mymilliefleur I LOVE your d'uccle x game so beautiful!

Welcome DUCKOBSESSED! Shadow is gorgeous!

Hi StokesChickens & welcome! Love to see pics/videos! :)

Back
Top Bottom