Breeding big blue earlobes possible?

mercuhrio

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2021
I'm fascinated with the idea of crossing silkies with a breed with large white earlobes, such as lá fleche or Minorca, and trying to obtain large blue earlobes.

Or perhaps an WFBS silkie cross, where the entire white on the face would be replaced by iridescent blue! 😃

I thought of this as a way to create a tragopan-looking chicken.

Has anyone attempted anything like that?

I've never tried this, but I'll bring up the White Faced Spanish if you're interested. ;)
Let's talk about that! I wonder if the white face is some sort of the earlobes color spilling all over. It seems plausible that a simple cross with a silkie could result in blue earlobes in the Spanish, since iridescent ear seems to be a dominant trait. What do you think?

Let's talk about that! I wonder if the white face is some sort of the earlobes color spilling all over. It seems plausible that a simple cross with a silkie could result in blue earlobes in the Spanish, since iridescent ear seems to be a dominant trait. What do you think?
Possibly. The only downside with the Spanish, is you'll have to wait after their first molt for the full look. I'm assuming they're slow to mature.

Back
Top Bottom