Breeding Buff Leghorns

The Birds look good and worth using for breeding. .Blues are rare.The Buffs have nice Leghorn type and good heads,color looks okay,above average quality buffs.
Thank you
is that last hen not a splash??? that's what she looks like on my computer...
No she is pure lavender just had some dirt or something on the camera she does not have any black in her,my husband was working on them with his father for the last7 years his father passed away but he is still working on them they are f7 birds this year he still is working on there type.as far as we know we are the only people in the us with the lav leghorns(self blue) and we also have been working on the isabella's just started that this year. The dh wants to get them accepted in the apa to exhibit them in honor of his father.

this is a pic of a pair of youngsters
Hello Lauren,
Your Buff Leghorns look really nice in type, good heads and nice falling combs. Good leg color too. Watch out the color is not getting to light because you have the chance the birds will get white in under color and in other parts of the plumage.
Have you read my Article about Buff Leghorns? http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/nummers/12E01A03.pdf
I have not read it yet my husband does all the breeding he is a 4th generation breeder,i will take a loo at your article and tell the dh.Thanks for the nice comments
big_smile.png

I breed Buff Leghorns,now over 40 years,but for the past 10 years I have been working with Lavender as a small side project and have a few Isabella Leghorn large fowl as a result.It has been a slow process but I have learned much from it,now I need to breed up some numbers and refine them more on type and minor things.

I breed Buff Leghorns,now over 40 years,but for the past 10 years I have been working with Lavender as a small side project and have a few Isabella Leghorn large fowl as a result.It has been a slow process but I have learned much from it,now I need to breed up some numbers and refine them more on type and minor things.

maybe we can do some chick trading!!!

Back
Top Bottom