Breeding Delawares to the Standard of Perfection

I guess if you take it or can take it to a show its " show quality" . All of which means little. Now if they win Best of Breed with 50 same class competitors that means a lot more. Worth crowing about !:D   Its the chicken world buyer beware.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f44d.png
that's right!

1f44d.png
unfortunately I don't have anyone that can be my mentor i guess I'll be my own
1f602.png

There have to be some judges in Texas who would work with you as a consultant. Our breeder/judge mentor doesn't breed Delawares, but he has been a HUGE help to a few of us locally working with American Class birds -- he'll drive a good distance to help someone. And then I've got some pretty good online friends who are available to answer my dumb questions, too. At the Delaware breed club's Facebook page we're pretty good at making useful comments, I think. It's a good place to network. Though also local breed clubs might be better for finding "hands-on" help.

Maybe you can get a group together down there for hands on and find a judge or good breeder as mentor. Get on the Facebook Delaware poultry club United thread/page.
There is someone there that is called Southwest Texas Delaware's - he's got to be close.

Maybe you can get a group together down there for hands on and find a judge or good breeder as mentor. Get on the Facebook Delaware poultry club United thread/page. 
There is someone there that is called Southwest Texas Delaware's - he's got to be close.
1f602.png
1f602.png
Tom you must be kiddin' that's me.!

1f602.png
1f602.png
Tom you must be kiddin' that's me.!
I tied the Southwest but King thru me off. Lots of good help at the club sight.

Well you better find a judge because you got about 20+ more to select from soon. Lockdowns Wed.

In reality a judge or mentor is nice but not a have to situation . There are videos on assessment and Leslie gives lots of help
She's my mentor.

I tied the Southwest but King thru me off. Lots of good help at the club sight.

Well you better find a judge because you got about 20+ more to select from soon. Lockdowns Wed.

In reality a judge or mentor is nice but not a have to situation . There are videos on assessment and Leslie gives lots of help
She's my mentor.
lol. You all can help me at the club facebook if i dont find any mentor here.

I have 2 cockerels 2 pullets. . Seperatly in 2 pens.. just now hatching some chicks from them..
All hatch with yellow legs but some of them have legs turn greenish..at month old or so....
I read somewhere that the feed is the culprit of this.. can't seem to find this info again..
Anyone experience this? Should I try different brand of feed?

Back
Top Bottom