BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

This morning we butchered the second half of my Cornish x's. One weighed 5 pounds dressed and they would be 8 weeks old today.

Afterwards I went into the house and was horrified to find the incubator running 143 degrees. I looked at the thermometer inside the incubator and it was as high as it goes. I pulled the cover to cool them down but the eggs felt hot. The temp dial on the incubator was turned all the way up. I'm thinking it was one of the kids. So I'm guessing the eggs are fried? I had seen the temp was okay just a few hours before..... I think. They would be 2 weeks in the incubator.

Last edited:
This morning we butchered the second half of my Cornish x's. One weighed 5 pounds dressed and they would be 8 weeks old today.

Afterwards I went into the house and was horrified to find the incubator running 143 degrees. I looked at the thermometer inside the incubator and it was as high as it goes. I pulled the cover to cool them down but the eggs felt hot. The temp dial on the incubator was turned all the way up. I'm thinking it was one of the kids. So I'm guessing the eggs are fried? I had seen the temp was okay just a few hours before..... I think. They would be 2 weeks in the incubator.

It sounds great for the CXs but I wouldn't want to be the kid responsible in the other situation. Wouldn't wanted to have been one of the chicks either!!!

I have never even seen an incubator, except that big old thing my brother uses so proficiently but I can make a guess.....I'd ditch the eggs.

Sorry to hear about it.

It depends on how long they were at that temperature.

Getting my White Plymouth Rock order replaced. They were all scrambled. Nice of the seller.
woot.gif
Shipping this morning.

RON will be back on US soil tomorrow after noon. Can't wait to hear about the wild hog hunts he went along on. Even at his age, he's still a lot of man but I hope he stayed in the vehicle and let the dogs and young bucks take all the risks.
highfive.gif

Turk

Back
Top Bottom