Breeding for Sizzles

Yep, I can see why you put the second one as your avatar, what a great looking bird - looks really manly in that chick shot
big_smile.png

These pics stink but I'm using my phone and the lighting is not very good. On top of that the birds didn't really care for any of this....

These are the ones I posted earlier but I tried to get their combs and waddles.

This is Bird # 1 Boy or Girl?

This is bird #2 Boy or Girl?

This is bird #3 Boy or Girl?

This is bird #4 Boy or Girl

These are some pics of the smooth feather birds that all hatched at the same time.

This is a Roo no doubt...he crows!

This is another one crowing...

This one looks like a Silkie and is also crowing....

And the last one....I don't know yet if this is a boy or girl.

So would you use any of these to breed with or?????????????

Thanks,
Chris

At this point keep cochins out of the mix--you will be breeding back in traits that you want removed.

I sent you a pm

You can use smooth feathered bird who have all the right features to breed to, or silkies, realizing that you will get some silkie feathered birds.  Looks like you are doing really well on type, so you may not need to use silkies.  Although I would choose a good silkie over the black smooth feathered bird in the first photo.

frizzle X frizzle will give 50% of birds with one copy of frizzle.  25% will not have frizzling and 25% will have two copies (curly)  Curly to smooth will give 100% frizzle.  Frizzle to smooth will give 50% frizzle and 50% smooth.

Some people use curlies to great advantage. They are not always a liability, but they do require extra care.

Back
Top Bottom