Breeding In Winter

As far as pain, the world will never know what a crested feels because we're not the animal. By the looks of the crested, they seem to be feeling fine when you observe their behavior but who knows if it causes them discomfort.

The real problem I'm having is the fact that some will die from a genetic defect because to do it right would require you to wait for your other drakes to grow out. It raises ethical concerns in my opinion and shouldn't even be an option. But again, it's your life and your decision.
Ok, I’m probably gonna do some more research, but, can you breed ducks in winter?

I’ll probably breed her with one of my Pekin drakes when they are older so it’s Pekin on Pekin. I just need to know if I can breed in winter or not

I was doing research, and it’s ok to breed a crested if it’s not with another crested. So I’m doing Pekin with Crested. I’ve already done a Crested with a Kahki Camble and all eggs hatched successfully except one in the spring. So it’s safe for a crested and Pekin to breed. But, can you do breeding in winter?
it’s not always safe, you should avoid the crest as much as possible. even if issues aren’t right away they can happen after a long time and you will end up spending a lot in vet bills

Back
Top Bottom