Breeding Nigerian dwarf goats.

How do I do that? I am an older person still learning my way through computers and smart phones? 🙄🙏
Here's a link
https://www.backyardherds.com/
You could also scroll down to the bottom (on this site) and you'll see this
Screenshot_20210108-114040_Chrome.jpg

Just click BackYard Herds (BYH).
Then you can make an account just like you did here and post a thread in the goat section.
If you need any more help I'll be happy to assist 😊

Again, what I’ve read about removing the doe away from the buck after she’s been impregnated is because being with a buck can cause her to reabsorb the fetus (or have a miscarriage) and make her go into heat again so the buck can mate her again.
Thank you.
I’ve had my ND goats almost three years now and they’ve gotten pregnant with Hansel and stayed all together almost to close to delivery date. At that time I did separate them to give the girls privacy while delivering. I never had any problem with loosing babies or fake pregnancies. And Hansel was a gentleman while they were pregnant. Could it be that depends on the quality and carácter of the goats? These guys are super sweet and tame.

You can be sure that putting them back with a buck will get them pregnant again. It is recommended to wait 6-9 months (I think) between pregnancies. To avoid complications from constant pregnancies and kidding.
OK. I had a dairy. The standard lactation for a dairy goat is ten months. That means that if you breed her to kid once a year, after she kids you milk her and breed her after she has milked seven months. Dry her off three months after you breed her and she will have a two month dry period before she kids again. If you want you can just leave the kids on her and not milk her at all. Some milk goats can milk through and be bred every other year. What I am trying to say is if you milk her she needs a two month dry period before she kids Obviously if you are not milking, the kids are weaned, she i dry and you don't have to worry about it..
Thank you, we didn’t acquire these guys to milk them for so long. The first time they had babies no milking was done. Second time was this last kidding, end of September and we barely milked them for a month. Also, both does had twins, so there was a lot of competition in acquiring the milk from the does and we barely got 1 to 2 cups when we milked them. By the way that milk was delicious. And according to your posting then I am ok in not over milking them. Thank you.

It is a good idea to separate the buck because he can make a nuisance of himself. Also a lot of times the buck will try to breed does that have just kidded. The does do not appreciate this attention and who can blame them?

I agree. That’s why I separate my does from hubby when they are close to delivery time. I am sure they appreciate their privacy then!👍

If the buck has a sexually transmittable disease, he will transmit it when he breeds the doe. His running with the herd doesn't matter. If a doe aborts due to chlamydia, the kids are fairly far along, they have distended abdomens, and the discharges look like strawberry yogurt. The birth membranes look abnormal too. Chlamydia can be transmitted by exposure to the infected fetuses and discharges from the infected doe.
If the buck has a sexually transmittable disease, he will transmit it when he breeds the doe. His running with the herd doesn't matter. If a doe aborts due to chlamydia, the kids are fairly far along, they have distended abdomens, and the discharges look like strawberry yogurt. The birth membranes look abnormal too. Chlamydia can be transmitted by exposure to the infected fetuses and discharges from the infected doe.
Yes.
She keeps making milk as long as the kids are nursing.
And if you milk her every day, she keeps making milk as long as you keep milking her.

Yes, exactly.
🙏🤗
YUK!!! Horrible situation!🥺. Note to myself. If Hansel is ever given the opportunity to be a stud, make sure does are vet checked first!! 😳.

Back
Top Bottom