Breeding Parakeets ( Incubation )

I do the same thing...I panic over every little thing about my chicks.
big_smile.png
So far, every time I've worried, I didn't need to and they were fine. Does it look like it's been fed this morning?

So while im here can I ask a quick unrelated question ?

I have 7 other parakeets (not including the breeding pair)

So I have a pair that are acting weird.

In the morning when its cold the male will droop his wings and act sickly, but when its the day time, he's fine.

The female. . . .she SLEEPS in the nestbox, pretty much all day. She comes out to eat, and a couple days ago stayed out the whole day, but now shes back in .. . just sleeping. She has no eggs .. .Shes been sleeping in their for like 2 months.

Is anything wrong ?

Aww I'm sorry.
sad.png
Sometimes there's just something wrong with a chick and the parents know and don't bother helping it. There could have been something internally wrong.

I'm not sure about the male...I don't have any experience with sick birds. Go to that website I gave you a ways back and search through the health section.

Is the female is breeding condition? Is her cere brown? She could finally be getting ready to lay eggs.

Quote:
Deffinitly not in breeding condition, cere is white brown and blue.

Hmm I dunno...she must just like it in there.
lol.png
You could always take them both to an avian vet if you think it would settle your mind.

So, I tried taking a picture of the babies to show you their colors, but the pictures wont come up good without a flash, And Im too scared to use the flash . . . . .

So the older baby is coming in white with NO BLACK !! Like barely any LIGHT gray marks on the wings !! I NEVER EXPECTED THIS !!
ep.gif

The other baby is a regular green wild type

Mom is a normal Blue
Dad is a wild type

Back
Top Bottom