Breeding Project Spring 2014

I have to say, I love Golden Comets. Those girls will lay come hell or high water, summer, winter, whatever.

I love them too, but mine haven't been laying AT ALL!!!
I got a few eggs, enough to be able to guess mathematically that at least two of them started laying, but I haven't gotten a comet egg in over a week! >:-(

Well, it's that time of year...

sad.png

If u were wondering we have a local woman who sells sheep ducks chickens goats and puppies, that's were we get all our animals

If u were wondering we have a local woman who sells sheep ducks chickens goats and puppies, that's were we get all our animals

IDK where local is for you. =)

I like the idea of buying locally from a person and being able to get several different kinds of animals from (or at least through) reliable sources. =)

We have chickens and dogs, about to have puppies. What breed(s) of does do they have?

I guess.
sad.png

Your siggie says to ask about your Buckeyes, so....
What about your Buckeyes?
They're my favorite breed of chicken! Best dual purpose bird ever, IMO. We've tried over 15 different breeds of chickens, and have found them to be the very best, especially for homesteaders and those looking for a bird to give them both meat and eggs.

You can see more about them on my website, the link for which is in my signature.

Thanks for asking!

They're my favorite breed of chicken! Best dual purpose bird ever, IMO. We've tried over 15 different breeds of chickens, and have found them to be the very best, especially for homesteaders and those looking for a bird to give them both meat and eggs.

You can see more about them on my website, the link for which is in my signature.

Thanks for asking!

I've read about them and I agree with you that they're the best dual purpose bird I've read about. (Of course, reading isn't living, so...)
I'm raising layers, so I have breeds like gold Comet and Wayndotte, but if I get into dual-purpose, I'd definitely start with Buckeyes.

I'll check out your site. Thanks.

You're welcome; thanks for telling me. =)

Laura,

I just checked out your website (pathfindersfarm.com) and I'm going to dive more deeply into it when I have the chance.
Right now, I've got to go fix the sink before dinner is started. lol
Thank you so much!

=)

Hello to all. I am so excited to announce my plan for spring. Our first chick has passed and the days are getting colder and colder. So I am starting a breeding project with Buff Orphingtons.
Where I live winters are extremely cold and I do not want to risk losing a chick. So this spring I will be getting an incubator so I can hatch eggs. Currently we have a lovely pair, Gold, and Sunny.
Sunny hasn't is almost laying, and Gold's spurs are coming in. Gold is sweet as Sugar unless your a dog. If you pick him up and rock him in your arms he falls asleep. Sunny is shy but warming up, and I can feed both of them out of my hand.
This is a first time effort, and I will be purchasing more Buff's for different genetics.
I can't wait to do a hatch along in March. So guys I hope you join.

luvmypets
R.I.P. Butters (Cancer)

Back
Top Bottom