Breeding result

90Chickens

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2017
Hello guys. I'd like to know what colors i would probably get if these two mate.

From their looks, it looks like the rooster is a Birchen Brahma(Black wing triangle feathers), but it could be a dark brahma rooster instead(white wing triangle feathers) and is just a bad picture, his genetic background, if he is Birchen based(ER) all of his chicks will be heterozygous Birchen and will be mostly Birchen pattern but some may show golden color on breasts, if he is Dark Brahma, hens will look like dark patterned light brahma with the males having some golden feathers on hackle/saddle with light brahma patter.

[COLOR=000000]From their looks, it looks like the rooster is a Birchen Brahma(Black wing triangle feathers), but it could be a dark brahma rooster instead(white wing triangle feathers) and is just a bad picture, his genetic background, if he is Birchen based(ER) all of his chicks will be heterozygous Birchen and will be mostly Birchen pattern but some may show golden color on breasts, if he is Dark Brahma, hens will look like dark patterned light brahma with the males having some golden feathers on hackle/saddle with light brahma patter.[/COLOR]
oh thanks! is there a way to know if he's a birchen brahma or dark brahma?

oh thanks! is there a way to know if he's a birchen brahma or dark brahma?

I am mentioned on my previous post, Birchen have an all black wing triangle and dark brahma have white wing triangle.

for example the males on the following pictures, the one with solid wing triangle is the birchen one the other is wildtype(e+), but other alleles like eb(think dark brahma) and wheaten(think salmon faverolle).

DuckwingvsCrowwing.jpg

I am mentioned on my previous post, Birchen have an all black wing triangle and dark brahma have white wing triangle.

for example the males on the following pictures, the one with solid wing triangle is the birchen one the other is wildtype(e+), but other alleles like eb(think dark brahma) and wheaten(think salmon faverolle).

DuckwingvsCrowwing.jpg
oh ok. Thanks again
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom