Breeding result

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the SOP' started by 90Chickens, Feb 4, 2017.

1. 90Chickens

90Chickens Just Hatched

Jan 14, 2017
    Hello guys. I'd like to know what colors i would probably get if these two mate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    From their looks, it looks like the rooster is a Birchen Brahma(Black wing triangle feathers), but it could be a dark brahma rooster instead(white wing triangle feathers) and is just a bad picture, his genetic background, if he is Birchen based(ER) all of his chicks will be heterozygous Birchen and will be mostly Birchen pattern but some may show golden color on breasts, if he is Dark Brahma, hens will look like dark patterned light brahma with the males having some golden feathers on hackle/saddle with light brahma patter.

3. 90Chickens

90Chickens Just Hatched

Jan 14, 2017
    oh thanks! is there a way to know if he's a birchen brahma or dark brahma?

4. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    I am mentioned on my previous post, Birchen have an all black wing triangle and dark brahma have white wing triangle.

for example the males on the following pictures, the one with solid wing triangle is the birchen one the other is wildtype(e+), but other alleles like eb(think dark brahma) and wheaten(think salmon faverolle).

[​IMG]

5. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012
    It is just WSG if the hen and rooster are not pure bred or inbred into a breed. I can only predict that the chicks from such a mating will be covered in feathers,.... maybe.

1 person likes this.
  6. 90Chickens

90Chickens Just Hatched

Jan 14, 2017
    oh ok. Thanks again [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by