Breeding silkies/chickens - have some questions **PICS ADDED page 2**

Quote:
Thanks Sonoran, I'm very interested in nutrition and your insights are helpful to me. I use Polyvisol/no iron once per month, and Aviacharge occasionally. What kinds of fats and oils can I add to their diet? I feed canned, water-packed tuna with cooked ramen noodles once a week, and bought a can of Jack Mackerel to try next. Would a little olive oil on their food be helpful?

I've recently started fermenting Kefir milk for the many probiotics it carries. I feed it to my 85 year old parents and myself as well as putting some over mixed grains for the chickens. I'm anxious to see if it makes any difference in their appearance (the chickens) in 3-6 months. the beauty of it is, the bacterial colony uses up the lactose and changes it to a digestible protein and supplies over 40 probiotics plus helpful yeasts and some things I can't pronounce. (In contrast, store bought yogurt has only 10 probiotics). It's also very economical since I make it from regular store-bought milk. I'm documenting their progress with photos so I can judge it's effectiveness.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom