Breeding Snowy x Butterscotch Calls?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Shayna, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    I'm considering getting a butterscotch call drake since I think they are beautiful, and I have a couple snowy hens already. I'm curious, if I were to hatch the eggs, any idea what they would look like? I'm wondering if they would produce nice offspring or if this could throw some odd mix. If I should never hatch any eggs if I get a butterscotch, I may choose a different drake. I couldn't seem to find any info. They're primarily pets, but I think it would be fun to raise a few offspring here and there.

Thanks for any info!

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    you will get a mixed bag of who knows what coloring duckling by mixing.

3. kswaterfowl

kswaterfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    Greencastle, IN
    According to the caculator you should get females that are: M+M+ lilih e+e+ Blbl+ C+C+ B+B+ r+r+ D+- Bu+- and males that are: M+M+ lilih e+e+ Blbl+ C+C+ B+B+ r+r+ D+D+ Bu+Bu+
    Both being blue light mallard (Aleutian)y
    I am quoting directly from this site. Check it out, its cool! http://kippenjungle.nl/kruisingEend.html
    Hope that helps!
    K&S

4. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    Thanks for the replies! I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I did come across that calculator before posting this but I could not figure out how to read it. [​IMG]

I thought it meant all offspring would be light blue mallard (aleutian) but I couldn't see a picture of the drake. I'm not sure what the color morph is, or if I was even reading it right. I guess I was based on your response K&S, so thank you! This helps a little bit with giving me an idea what to expect. This little butter drake i'm looking at is just adorable, and has to be rehomed, so I think I'm going for it. These are my pets, but I look forward to hatching out a few ducklings from them someday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by