Breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MysticCreekFarm, Dec 2, 2015.

1. MysticCreekFarm

MysticCreekFarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2015
    Upstate NY
    These are my red hens. Are they production, golden comet, rir ? Something else? How do you know?! Also one of my roos. Americauna or EE? I don't have great pics at the moment. The roo has feathers around his face

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The red ones are red sex links. I can't see the rooster well enough to say what he is!

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The rooster is a mixed breed; possibly an Easter Egger. The red ones are all Red Sex Link pullets. RSLs are also marketed by hatcheries under a variety of other labels including Golden Comet, Red Star, Gold Star, Brown Sex Link, Cinnamon Queen, Golden Buff, Isa Brown, Babcock Brown, Red Shaver, Brown Shaver, Gold Sex Link, Warrens, etc.

4. JustNit2WinIt

JustNit2WinIt New Egg

Dec 2, 2015
    I know I don't know.Lol I'm new to this. we had floods from the rain we had, and a hen ended up in my yard.I reached out to my neighbors and no one has chickens. I Think someone let them loose in the woods in front of our place. I hear a rooster in the woods crowing but can never locate him. I would like to know the breed of her i got. I've been taking very good care of her for 2 months now, and no eggs.I made her a laying box and feed her laying mash. Please help someone.lol[​IMG]

5. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    And you won't get eggs. It's a red sex link cockerel. Someone probably realized they had 2 roosters and dumped thrm.

6. Eon69nc

Eon69nc Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2014
    I question if that is a male, it does not have saddle feathers. comb and body look female.

7. JustNit2WinIt

JustNit2WinIt New Egg

Dec 2, 2015
    I don't think it's male because I've never heard it crow. And when I feed her she whines and bocks.lol

8. JustNit2WinIt

JustNit2WinIt New Egg

Dec 2, 2015
    I'll post better pics in the sun tomorrow.

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Where did your rooster come from? he looks a lot like my blue egger blue sex links [​IMG]

And your hens are red sex links.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by