Breese bloodline rant!

I visited paradise poultry firsthand and got to see all of the breeding pens. I didn't see any leghorns (I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's not likely they were crossed.)
I am not against crossing, I just wanted to know what I was working with. I'll figure it out on this next batch of eggs (2017 import line). Its good to know they have separate pens, thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Is Bresse 2017 bloodline quiet?
Nope, they love to crow, non stop at dawn. You won't need an alarm clock with a Bresse rooster.

I currently have some Jersey Giant/Bresse crosses in my incubator. I plan on processing them before they start crowing at 3 months.

My Barbeziuex hens just started laying small eggs. I will cross them with my Bresse rooster in about a month. I like the taste of the pure Barbeziuex chicken, but they take too long to fill in. They keep growing for 14 months like the Jersey Giants.

Bresse crosses fill in faster than regular heritage breeds.

I am going to try this recipe with a Bresse chicken

Last edited:
Interesting yours go nonstop. My roo, who was from a breeder with the 2017 line, is loud in a gorgeous baritone foghorn kind of way...but he’s not a frequent crower. It may be because he’s lower in ranks than some others here.

That recipe looks awesome!

Interesting yours go nonstop. My roo, who was from a breeder with the 2017 line, is loud in a gorgeous baritone foghorn kind of way...but he’s not a frequent crower. It may be because he’s lower in ranks than some others here.

That recipe looks awesome!
Yup, that makes a difference, I was referring to the dominant male. The dominant male crows a lot more than the others. He has crowing contest with other roosters in my neighborhood early in the morning and late after noon. Other than that I forget that he is there.

My Bresse rooster is sneaky, some times he behaves and some times he does things to impress the ladies, like rushing your feet when you are not looking. I feel sorry for him when he starts acting up. After the last back hand, he seems to understand who is on top of the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom