Bresse Chickens

Castronaut

In the Brooder
Sep 15, 2021
Hi Everyone!

We are getting are flock of Bresse chickens this weekend.

Has anyone had this breed of chicken?

They will be our meat chickens, so I was looking on any advice on raising them from Chicks to provide the best quality meat Bresse chickens can provide.

Thank You,

Hi Everyone!

They will be our meat chickens, so I was looking on any advice on raising them from Chicks to provide the best quality meat Bresse chickens can provide.

Thank You,
Where did you get them from? I got a pair from Dunlap (originally had a reversed trio, but obviously that wouldn't have worked) and they are some of the sweetest birds I have. They don't run up to you, but they are just fine being picked up and held and pet

Where did you get them from? I got a pair from Dunlap (originally had a reversed trio, but obviously that wouldn't have worked) and they are some of the sweetest birds I have. They don't run up to you, but they are just fine being picked up and held and pet
We are getting them from Bresse chicken farms in Pontotoc MS

Hi Everyone!

Thank You,
They grow as fast as normal dual purpose breeds, what gives them their taste is the final feeding programe

I've raised American Bresse. I've found them to be faster-growing than other dual-purpose breeds I've raised. I chose to raise them on pasture with supplemental feed and was pleased with the results...and they're nice birds.

I was more impressed with Cornish cross than I was with Bresse for meat. My 8 week old Cornish cross were twice as heavy as my Breese chicken at 16 weeks. I also found out that Breese chickens are very noisy. The roosters crow non stop in the morning and the hens make loud noises when ever they lay an egg. However, they are decent egg layers and start laying earlier than other heritage breeds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom