Brewer’s/Nutritional Yeast Suggestions?

ShyanneW

Songster
Mar 26, 2020
Maine
What does everyone use for brewers yeast/nutritional yeast for ducklings? I’m new to this, so I’m unsure of which brands are best and things like that.

My babes are currently eating Purina Flock Raiser Crumble, and are getting liquid vitamin B in their water, but their legs haven’t fully recovered from a niacin deficiency last week, so I intend to put the yeast in their food to see if that helps at all.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
@Miss Lydia and @DuckyDonna , prefer nutritional yeast over brewers yeast because its has more niacin per spoon, its also more flaky so its sticks to the feed better. They might be able to tell you what brand they use. How are your ducklings doing?
They’re much, MUCH, better. I’ll grab a picture of the one that was the worst when I get home. But their feet still cross over a little bit when they walk, wondering if they’re just in an awkward growth phase or if it’s a little left over from the deficiency. Hoping they’ll grow out of it or that the yeast will help them.

Thank you @Miss Lydia, I’ll order that tonight!

@MasterOfClucker ,
Here’s the duckling that had the worst niacin deficiency, definite improvement, but there’s still a little over lap. Like I said, not sure if it’s a weird growth phase or if it’s still a little niacin deficient

Attachments

• 38567514-12C8-4F90-87D9-5B443F0C415D.jpeg
    38567514-12C8-4F90-87D9-5B443F0C415D.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 89A779D7-7EE8-4CA9-BCF8-416F579D755C.jpeg
    89A779D7-7EE8-4CA9-BCF8-416F579D755C.jpeg
    414.4 KB · Views: 5
Thank you @Miss Lydia, I’ll order that tonight!

@MasterOfClucker ,
Here’s the duckling that had the worst niacin deficiency, definite improvement, but there’s still a little over lap. Like I said, not sure if it’s a weird growth phase or if it’s still a little niacin deficient
That's fantastic. 10lbs of nutritional yeast would last me 7 centuries. If you have a trader Joe's they have for about 3 dollars for 4oz or GNC a pound for about 8 $. I can raise 4 ducks for 6 weeks on about 8 ounces. @Miss Lydia are you eating it too?

Back
Top Bottom