Bring eggs through airport security?

Had no problem up to 6 years ago, with one trip going through Xrays five times with stopovers, the routing--transfer/connections, in my hand luggage. under the seat--100% hatches every time. Checked luggage is likely to be missandled for successful hatches. Now? Would take the chance that eggs would still hatch.

Would this work for taking ut from Los Angeles to Mexico? Mom has been toying with the idea of taking a couple to hatch there.

I just cleared security with two dozen of my eggs (not fertile). There was extra bag screen but no issues-just a few smiling TSA agents.

Last edited:
I travel frequently for work and I'll bring eggs with me to give to coworkers. I haven't had any problems flying domestically in the US. I've been made to go through the extra search of my bag on more than one occasion where the first thing they do is put the eggs aside in the "OK pile". If you find yourself with a TSA agent who's new on the job and isn't sure of the policy, just show them this. My eggs have made it to Boston, Ft. Lauderdale, Austin and San Francisco this way.

Still haven't attempted internationally yet as I'm usually in too much of a rush to be able to afford dealing with custom import agents. Might have an opportunity to test Canada in the near future, but I suspect I would need to prepare paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom