Bringing small coops to Davison Township, MI

Bdiggity

Hatching
Jul 21, 2020
Guess what mother cluckers? You can’t raise hens in your backyard in Davison township unless you have 5 acres. However, all you need is a permit to raise 4 in the City of Davison. Silly, right?

I need help. I dont know how to change this ordinance. I’m getting decent support through Facebook community posts and I have reached out to the township on how to get the ball rolling.

All I want is 4 hens in a well kept coop. No roosters.

Truthfully I’m feeling a little overwhelmed and want to make sure I’m doing the right things. Should I be starting a petition? Should I be making posters? What can you suggest to make this fight go in my favor?

thanks in advance

I would start by researching ordinances and laws in similar sized towns in the state. Size of coop and run, numbers, setbacks, nuisance resolution,... Get in front of any question or objections they can dream up. Be ready to compromise to get the ball rolling. If you have a town or neighborhood FB group, start there. Find a group of people with like goals. There is strength in numbers and you will hopefully find people who know how to get things done.

Guess what mother cluckers? You can’t raise hens in your backyard in Davison township unless you have 5 acres. However, all you need is a permit to raise 4 in the City of Davison. Silly, right?

I need help. I dont know how to change this ordinance. I’m getting decent support through Facebook community posts and I have reached out to the township on how to get the ball rolling.

All I want is 4 hens in a well kept coop. No roosters.

Truthfully I’m feeling a little overwhelmed and want to make sure I’m doing the right things. Should I be starting a petition? Should I be making posters? What can you suggest to make this fight go in my favor?

thanks in advance
Join our fight. We are fighting is ordinance and the jerk Kris Allinger who is enforcing it. Contact me at 810 391 7930. We will be organizing as many people as we can to go to town hall meetings to propose a change to the ordinance. Also sign this...https://www.change.org/p/davison-township-backyard-homesteading-chickens-and-dwarf-goats-in-davison?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_28869187_en-US%3A7&recruiter=1203649319&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Join our fight. We are fighting is ordinance and the jerk Kris Allinger who is enforcing it. Contact me at 810 391 7930. We will be organizing as many people as we can to go to town hall meetings to propose a change to the ordinance. Also sign this...https://www.change.org/p/davison-township-backyard-homesteading-chickens-and-dwarf-goats-in-davison?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_28869187_en-US%3A7&recruiter=1203649319&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition
What ever became of this? Im currently in the same boat... Really starting to HATE living in Davison TWP! Please call me... 2489915644... I will fight with ya if u still are.. I do realize this is years old.. but I'm just I. The beginning of research on how to fight this...

Back
Top Bottom