Brinsea condensation in digital readout screen.

SteveUK

Chirping
Apr 12, 2020
Do you have any experience of this?
I have a brand new Brinsea Max ll EX. I've just gone into lockdown (1st use). All was good until I upped the humidity to 65% (humidity pump on the EX). Almost straight away I started to see condensation on the inside of the digital readout screen. The patch has gotten steadily bigger.
20200526_094748.jpg

I rang Brinsea and was told that this could happen due to the difference between the inside and outside temperature.
I understand how condensation works!
I expressed my unhappiness that I was seeing any condensation in the electronics of my expensive NEW incubator and asked if this was a common occurrence. I was told "yes, it could be".
I was advised to run it dry after the hatch and it would clear! I said "won't it return" and was told "yes, probably"!
After my response to this I was told to finish the hatch, clean it and call back for a return reference and they would take a look at it. I'm not sure I'm happy with that as it may effect my consumer rights. I may now just return it for a refund.
Has anyone had a similar condensation issue?
What are your thoughts? Do you think I'm over reacting. You can be honest. I can take it. 😁

Edit: Just rang the company I bought the incubator off. I was told they'd had another report of this and had informed Brinsea! They're sending me a replacement and assured me if this has the same issue they will pickup and refund. So fingers crossed this one will be OK. I really like it, in general.
I'll update when it arrives for future ref by others.

Last edited:
You did get good customer support!

Brinsea gives you a good warranty too so you should be good to go for quite some time.

I registered mine so had two years or warranty

You did get good customer support!

Brinsea gives you a good warranty too so you should be good to go for quite some time.

I registered mine so had two years or warranty
Hi yes one of the reasons I chose the Brinsea over the Rcom was the extended guarantee. An extra 2 year on registration. So 3 years total. I just didn't expect an issue straight out of the bag. Hopefully all good now. Thanks to excellent after sales from the retailer. New unit arrives tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom