Brinsea Eco Glow Brooder to big?

BarrettG

Songster
Mar 15, 2015
S.Florida
I think I may have gotten a Eco Glow Brooder that is to big for my set up. I know it's adjustable to make less or more heat on oposite ends. Please look at the pic below and let me know from your experience if this will be ok.I'm in the middle of a hatch but first time not using the red heat light.

Last edited:
that actually looks about right to me - you have the back end down closer so the chicks can move in when they need to and there's room for food etc. I have the same size ecoglow. :)

that actually looks about right to me - you have the back end down closer so the chicks can move in when they need to and there's room for food etc. I have the same size ecoglow. :) 

How do you like it? How long does it take to warm up? Do you think I have enough room for them to run around out side of the Eco glow? I'm afraid when I put the water and food in its going to be tight.

How do you like it? How long does it take to warm up? Do you think I have enough room for them to run around out side of the Eco glow? I'm afraid when I put the water and food in its going to be tight.
It warms up pretty quickly... how many chicks will you have? The smaller ecoglow is VERY small and I like it for only small groups like 10 or 12.. oh.. and after a week or less they will hop ON the ecoglow so that will give you more space. :)

Last edited:
It warms up pretty quickly... how many chicks will you have?  The smaller ecoglow is VERY small and I like it for only small groups like 10 or 12.. oh.. and after a week or less they will hop ON the ecoglow so that will give you more space. :) 

I will only have 12 this hatch. My next hatch will be in the 20's. How long have you had yours for? This thing seems a little brittle to me.

12 chicks will outgrow that tub in about a week.
Maybe two, but yah 12 will get out of there quickly.. I have three ecoglows - two small, one big - they seem pretty sturdy, have used for about 4 years. The chicks when bigger will hop up on it for more room so you might want to cover it with paper for cleaning purposes. You'll be surprised how little they actually use the ecoglow after the first 4 or 5 days - I think people overheat chicks when in the house with a heat lamp, as mine are mostly only under the heat at night.

Maybe two, but yah 12 will get out of there quickly.. I have three ecoglows - two small, one big - they seem pretty sturdy, have used for about 4 years. The chicks when bigger will hop up on it for more room so you might want to cover it with paper for cleaning purposes. You'll be surprised how little they actually use the ecoglow after the first 4 or 5 days - I think people overheat chicks when in the house with a heat lamp, as mine are mostly only under the heat at night. 

That's a good idea! Good to know. Have you ever used the Eco glow outside? I usually move my chicks outside after 2 weeks. I have a raised coop.i put a piece of would down on the hardware cloth to stop the draft and a light inside for heat. I was hoping I could just put the Eco glow out there? It will be covered from rain. What do you think?

That's a good idea! Good to know. Have you ever used the Eco glow outside? I usually move my chicks outside after 2 weeks. I have a raised coop.i put a piece of would down on the hardware cloth to stop the draft and a light inside for heat. I was hoping I could just put the Eco glow out there? It will be covered from rain. What do you think?
I use my ecoglow outside as long as it's 60+ or so outside - have had no problems. I think someone asked them a few years back and they said it's ok at that temp as long as protected. It's not warm enough for very cold outside temps, tho.

Back
Top Bottom