brinsea eco vent

joe17

Songster
11 Years
Nov 25, 2009
Louisiana
How open/closed is your vent hole on the brinsea octagon eco during lockdown and hatch?? I plan on keeping it all open but I will put a straw through it and have a sponge on the bottom so I could add water as necessary. Is that okay? Oh and for my last hatch, the first 2 days of lockdown had about 70% humidity but on the actual hatch date it was 50%. Is this common for you to have to open the bator during lockdown to up the humidity? Water doesnt last long in the bator! lol

You have a good plan with the straw, that's what I did and had really good hatches. When I got lazy in other hatches I would just open it to add water or a paper towel or something and hatches were not as good.
sad.png

The instructions say to keep it at at least 1/3 open during lockdown/hatch. Keeping it all the way open is fine, they need the o2 anyway. You can adjust it also as long as you're staying fairly consistent and always 1/3 open. Good luck with your hatch!

I leave mine open and have done the straw/sponge thing (except I use a clean paper towel).
After watching the broodies stroll on and off the nest, though, it makes me wonder if we really have to be so careful. Just haven't decided...

Back
Top Bottom