Brinsea- how to attach humidity pump???? INFO Needed...

daniellenoel

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Vail Colorado
Hello
I am starting to incubate eggs in my classroom with a Brinsea Octagon Advance
My principal ordered the humidity pump to add to the incubator today, after I added the eggs... my question is...
We put eggs in yesterday March 9th , the pump will probably arrive next week. Day 8 or 9.
Can I still add this to our incubator? Is it easy to attach? Does it take long?
Will taking lid off to add the pump affect the eggs? I am assumiung it attaches to the lid somewhere.
Please advise with any suggestions or expertise anyone may have....
Thanks

Quote:
I did this -- added the pump later. And I was as worried as you about how long it would take. Well, it turned out to be practically nothing! The only time you have to open the top is to attached the humidity pad and clips, which only takes seconds. Everything else you can do from the outside. Very easy!

As fast as the Brinsea recovers it really shouldn't be an issue. Get your pump all ready. There is a hard plastic piece that goes on the end that slides thru the dome lid and into a little opening and drips on the pads. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two to complete with the lid off. I have even done mine with the lid on. I wouldn't worry about it much.

Having just gotten my Advance EX I can say that the foam is the least of your worries. Eggs can sustain temperature change very well, so in your case I'd just take the eggs out, put the foam lining in the bottom, quickly insert the foam in the dividers, and put them all back. It takes just a few minutes, it's really easy and simple. I personally love the foam. I can't imagine incubating small or delicate eggs with the normal dividers that's for sure. The humidity pump is also really easy to get going. The only thing that takes any work or time at all is cutting the silicone tube to the right lengths. You need to cut a 20 inch length running from the incubator and then a 7.5 inch one that goes into the humidity pump. It'll all be in the instructions, but just remember to bring a measuring tape! I'm sure it'll be fine and everything will be set up really fast.

Yes, they just ship you little foam inserts and you fit the foam inside of the metal dividers. They are shaped and sized so that they can be snugly (and very tightly) fitted into the dividers.

Back
Top Bottom