Brinsea Humidity Pump NOT PUMPING water??????

Help PLEASE. My Brinsea Humidity Pump isn't pumping water.
Is the pump at the top moving? If not when it should be, first check to see that it is connected securely to the incubator port. Also check to make sure the humidity level is set correctly on the incubator. If the connection is secure, call Brinsea in the morning for help.

If the pump is moving, but water is not being moved, make sure you have no pin holes in the tubing. Then there are a couple of things you can try that I have found helpful. First, try to put the humidity pump up so it is higher than the incubator. Let gravity help move the water. Next, I usually prime it when I first start it out. When the pump is moving, pinch the tubing on the side toward the incubator with both hands. Slowly move the pinch closest to the incubator toward the incubator to remove the air in the tube. Let go of the pinch closest to the pump. Unless you have a hole in the tubing, it should remain flat until the pump fills the tube with water. Once the entire length of tubing is filled with water, let go of the pinch closest to the incubator. The tubing should remain filled with water now and the pump will work as it is supposed to. Good luck!

Last edited:
Howdy,
We had this same, very frustrating problem and after fixing 2 pumps, multiple time, we made our own gravity fed waterer. We used an IV bag from ebay, a 2 gal. bucket with lid, and a screw in barb from the local hardware store with nut, and some silicone all purpose glue. It cost about $10 and works fantastic. So I don't know how to explain this other than you will have to do a bit of experimenting . . . .

1. When buying the IV bag, you really just want the tubing and the adjustable blue clip that lets you adjust the speed of drip. You are going to cut off the tube and any other attachments so you have a good length of tubing and the blue clip.
2. When buying the tubing barb from the hardware store, get the smallest one you can find. I think ours was for a 5/16" tube. It has an opposing screw in side. Buy a nut that will fit the screw in side (make sure it won't rust)
3. Drill a hole for the screw in barb, smaller is better. You can do this on the bottom if you are going to hang the bucket, or side if you are going to set it on top of the incubator
4. Wrap the screw-in side with plumbing tephlon tape to prevent drips and screw into bucket hole.
5. On the inside of the bucket- add the nut for a tight fit. Use the silicone glue around the outside to prevent leaking.
6. On the inside of the bucket- cover the hole with a strainer-like material to help prevent any clogging. I used a gauze pad and rubber band tightened just under the nut to keep it in place.
7. feed the IV tube into the barb to almost where the gauze covers the water exit and glue into place.
8 Let dry completely.
9. After dry, test the bucket for leaks. Fix any with more glue.
10. Finale': fill the bucket with water and use the blue clip on the IV tube to adjust the flow of drip. Feed the IV tube into the pump tube hole of the Brinsea and adjust water flow to a few drips/ minute (approx. 5-6 drops).

Don't forget that on the day before chicks hatch there is a drastic spike in humidity and you will need to allow for more drips to accommodate this. We have had the best luck keeping humidity at 75-80% for chicken eggs. But this does depend on your weather.

Hope this helps :eek:) If you need anything more, just PM me.

Did you get it to work?
idunno.gif

Kinda. Your advice was perfect and now my humidity is 58%.

If I put the humidity chamber at level with the incubator, the water in tubing disappears.

Last edited:
Orpington but no eggs yet. Testing before I put them in. I took out white wafer and humidity is down. Do you keep your pump above incubator during incubation?are air bubbles ok in tubing?

I keep my pump on a plastic container next to the incubator. It is not above the incubator, though I have thought about doing that so the pump doesn't have to work so hard. Also, the longer the tubing, the harder the pump has to work to push the water. You can try cutting the tubing shorter, if that is possible. A few air bubbles in the tubing won't hurt, but if you are seeing a lot of bubbles, you may have a pinhole leak in the tubing somewhere.

I keep my pump on a plastic container next to the incubator. It is not above the incubator, though I have thought about doing that so the pump doesn't have to work so hard. Also, the longer the tubing, the harder the pump has to work to push the water. You can try cutting the tubing shorter, if that is possible. A few air bubbles in the tubing won't hurt, but if you are seeing a lot of bubbles, you may have a pinhole leak in the tubing somewhere. 

Thank you ever so much!:hugs

Back
Top Bottom