Brinsea incubator divider

Maddemaran

Songster
Dec 31, 2021
Wanted to share my hack with you!
I've been wanting a divider for my brinsea incubator, and got the idea to use Lego 😄
Easy to clean, sterilize and modify!
Got a used set of a police station cheap, thought especially the pieces with the bars would be perfect for airflow. Chickjail! 😂

PXL_20230401_165322834.jpg
PXL_20230401_163617809.jpg

I like the idea of using Legos, but chicks can be pretty rambunctious sometimes. I would worry about them knocking it down or getting over the top.

Have you done any hatches with it yet? If so, did it work well?

I like the idea of using Legos, but chicks can be pretty rambunctious sometimes. I would worry about them knocking it down or getting over the top.

Have you done any hatches with it yet? If so, did it work well?
Not my first hatch, but first try with this divider.
I built it so that it fits into the "slots" in the top which should hold it in place.
Lockdown today, so I guess we'll see how it goes in a couple of days!
PXL_20230405_185655722.jpg
PXL_20230405_185623873.jpg

I built it so that it fits into the "slots" in the top which should hold it in place.

That would make it much more stable than it looked in the original photo!

Not my first hatch, but first try with this divider....
Lockdown today, so I guess we'll see how it goes in a couple of days!
I hope the hatch goes well!

Hatch done, and the divider worked perfectly!
No jailbreak chicks 😅
Next time I might build the divider so it goes along the length of the incubator, that way one can build it so it fits inbetween the yellow slots where the turners used to be and make it even more stable.

Hatch done, and the divider worked perfectly!
No jailbreak chicks 😅

I'm glad to hear it worked so well!

Next time I might build the divider so it goes along the length of the incubator, that way one can build it so it fits inbetween the yellow slots where the turners used to be and make it even more stable.

That sounds like a good idea too. Or you could make one go both ways, to divide eggs into more than two groups. This sounds like something with lots of possibilities I should keep in mind for the future!

I'm glad to hear it worked so well!

That sounds like a good idea too. Or you could make one go both ways, to divide eggs into more than two groups. This sounds like something with lots of possibilities I should keep in mind for the future!
Exactly! 😄

Back
Top Bottom