Brinsea mini advance???

Chickz

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 10, 2012
I brought one of these today they guy in the shop said it was the best kind of incubator, it holds 7 eggs and turns them automatically, the question is how often should I turn them cause the guy in the shop said set it for every 4 hours. Also it has a countdown on it and you set it for 21 days it will turn them right up until day 19 but I thought you had to stop turning at 18 days can anyone advise please has anyone used this type of incubator before???

I turn my eggs three times a day. First at 5 am then 3 pm and 9 pm. Since you have an automatic turner I would set it to turn more often. I have heard that the more eggs are turned the better the results. As far as when to stop turning I do day 19. I'm putting a few eggs in lock down tmrw. My incubator is the brinsea octagon 20 eco.

I have the mini advance and I love it. I have it set to turn every 15 minutes.

Yeah, the whole day 18 vs. day 19 thing confuses me too. I'm set the turning to automatic, and it seems like it stops turning later, but I have great hatches.

Ok well I have set eggs today just now in fact! I have set it to turn every 185 mins and set it for automatic so will see what happens :)

I just set eggs today too. I put six eggs under a broody silkie. Hopefully we both get good hatches
smile.png

Ok well I have set eggs today just now in fact! I have set it to turn every 185 mins and set it for automatic so will see what happens :)

Thats where I set mine .Not saying its right but just Had a 100% hatch on Bobwhite Quail a few weeks ago....cva34

I set mine for 45 min because the research says that is the longest a broody could sit still. I had trouble with the turning angle. The initial setting was only tuning a quarter turn and it rotates both ways so they really were not turning at all! I called brinsea and they advised to turn it up. I set mine at 9 for bantam eggs. :)

Back
Top Bottom