Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance EX

CountryBoy72

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 27, 2009
Vancouver Island
Just a few questions about this incubator. Do you have to calibrate these machines when they are brand new and straight out of the box. I also am getting the Humidity Pump with it. Will i need to check the digital temperature and humidity readout on the display screen to make sure they are both right. Thanks for your input. Any tips or tricks using this setup would be greatly appreciated too. Hurry up mail man and deliver my package, it's due to arrive today.

They are automatically calibrated, and are digital so they should line up with what the thermo/hydro says on the top. I'd check it, just to be sure, but I also wouldn't start adjusting it all over the place; Brinsea is the top dog of incubators!

Edit: WELCOME TO BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just plug it in and check the settings. Mine was preset to 99.5 and 40% if I recall. All I did was attach the cords, add water to the humidity module, and let it come up to temp and humidity. It did in about five minutes. Enjoy!

Thanks Whiteconfections, In both regards
frow.gif
. I'm going to be getting some White Chantclers to Christen the new machine
jumpy.gif
. I Have some BLW and BLRW on order for the 23 of March. As soon as it arrives i will be off and
wee.gif
woot.gif

Always calibrate any new incubator. I have had many great hatches in my 20 advance but out of the box it was off by 2 degrees farenheit. I now calibrate before each batch of eggs. Humidity has always been dead on.

Back
Top Bottom