Brinsea Octagon 20 Ex. Vs Mini Adavnce Ex.

call ducks

silver appleyard addict
13 Years
Mar 4, 2009
waterville , canada
Hey all

I am looking for hatch rates, In both the Octagon 20 EX. and Mini Adance Ex.

The Reason why i am asking, is because I am working with a breed if you luck you get 40% delopment rates, and 20% hatch rates. I will be buying a Brinsea next summer no matter what, But depending on hatch rates, will depend on what one i get, Every egg counts with breed, More so then any other.

I have some of each of those incubators, and actually have 5 call duck (and 2 Cayuga) eggs in a Mini Advance EX right now. The call duck eggs were shipped; the Cayuga eggs are my own.

My Octagon Advance EX 'bators are currently filled with chicken eggs.... I did have one hatching from one, and only got about 3 chicks out of 18 eggs. BUT these were all shipped eggs, and they sat around for a while because they arrived before the incubator came - bad timing.

I've had five hatches from the MiniAdvance 'bators: two 6 of 7, two 3 of 7, and 2 of 7. All shipped eggs.

I have two Octagon Advance EX units with chicken eggs it 'em, due to hatch on 10/30. So a bit more than a week before I can say how the hatch rate goes.

In MY case, even though I am paying for eggs, I consider ANY hatching to be positive, even if it's just one (although of course I would prefer at least two!) that survives. I'm just thrilled at the new life emerging from eggs.

Quote:
I doubt if anybody can answer this. I have Brinsea ECO 20 and so far it hatched any hatchable egg.
Some people reported 100% hatch rate on shipped eggs.

All Brinsea bators are top notch, prefering one over another is either splitting the hair or personal subjective preference.

Quote:
I doubt if anybody can answer this. I have Brinsea ECO 20 and so far it hatched any hatchable egg.
Some people reported 100% hatch rate on shipped eggs.

All Brinsea bators are top notch, prefering one over another is either splitting the hair or personal subjective preference.

I am just looking for hatch rates, and comments good bad( if there is any bad with brinsea)

With my Brinsea Oct 20 ... home grown eggs hatch rates have ranged from 90-100% ... shipped eggs, I've only had 2 hatches, both from the same seller, but both shipped all the way across the country. First hatch rate 9/13 (2 unhatched determined to be unviable from the beginning) and 8/12: 2 culled early as clear, 1 later determined to not have developed at all and one shrinkwrapped, likely due to my family members continually opening the incubator to take pictures while I wasn't home!.

So in my opinion, it depends on how many eggs you want to hatch at a time as the only item to consider when determining which one to purchase. I love my Oct 20 so much I bought a second one!

Nobody can deny that Brinsea keeps set temp rock solid, also warms up and it is stable in 10-15min, if you open it it will come back with proper temp and humidity in just few minutes.

Quote:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
What? I was asking for all comentes not just good ones. I know how good brinsea incubators are but would like more feed back....

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom