Brinsea Octogon 20 question

I have both, the advance is all digital, the temperature and the humidity has a digital display. Also you can program what humidity level you want if you get the humidity pump which I love, it is really hands free, dummy proof, lol. The eco has a glass thermometer and no humidiy gauge so you will have to buy a hygrometer to put in it, which works fine. Both keep perfect temperatures and I love both. I hatch in the advance only because it has the humidity pump and I have to do nothing but program what humidity I want at lockdown. Is it worth the extra hundred dollars, to me to hatch in yes because I do not have to worry about adding water at all, everything is done for me. I do incubate in both for the first 17 days and then I hatch in the advance. Hope that helps. I love them both.

The advance has electronic readouts and temperature control, the ECO (which I have) just has a dial to adjust the temperature, a stick thermometer install in the top for easy viewing and to tell the temperature, and that is it. So the Advance is easier to use, but the ECO is just fine and dandy if you don't mind getting it adjusted yourself. I didn't think the advance was worth the extra money when I can adjust the temperature fine myself and buy a cheap hygrometer.

Back
Top Bottom