brocken nest egg

Farmer Jonathan

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2016
Canyon Texas
Hi Everyone My name is Farmer Jonathan or just Jonathan Just wanted to say Hello to y'all .
big_smile.png

And wanted to see if anyone out there has ever found one of there fake eggs broken in two ? and see if some one might have an idea of what could break a hard nest egg in two , the others fake eggs where found laying on the hen house floor not broken , been raising chickens for about three or four years and never had this happen before , all the hen are just fine .
hu.gif

Nice to meet you Jonathan. I don't know what could have broken that in half, and I'd be afraid to find out. You can also try golf balls and if the critter applies that kind of pressure to break it, I think it would blow up in his face. Maybe because it had no luck finding something to eat in the other one, it may have given up -hopefully.

Thanks for the welcome , the nest eggs are made out of ceramic or some thing like it so if it was a snake I would not want to see how big it would be
ep.gif
Got my cam out there now , so i will see what is seeking around out there soon I hope .

hi Jonathon -- Welcome to BYC--I would be afraid of the creature that broke your ceramic egg! Did it happen in the day or overnight?
I once had 2 free rangers insist on laying in a corner of the carport so I set up a nest there with a fake wooden egg. Something stole the egg overnight! I couldn't find it anywhere. A few days later, it was back in the nest full of teeth marks! I figured the critter brought it back? Or a hen found it out in the weeds and carried it back???? It is a mystery we will never solve...
Everyone is penned up now, and forced to lay in the coop which is locked up at night.

I'm not sure if it happened at night ,or early morning, but if it comes back we should see it on my stealth cam that I put out , tonight , I hope.
thumbsup.gif

PS love that picture , and the thief brought it back , wow !
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom