Broken Breastbone??

tlmancuso

Chirping
Jun 30, 2016
IMG_2170.JPG
my neighbor's dog attacked his hen. I found 2 puncture wounds on her that have been treated, but are infected. She is very sick. I've attatched an image of her breastbone. It's bruised for sure, but not sure what it's supposed to look like. Any input would be appreciated.

How is she doing? Don't think you can do anything but keep her quiet and warm and hopefully she heals up. Expect about a week of her looking bad if she survives the first night.

She is actually doing okay. She's drinking and looks more interested in being alive. Her breastbone hasn't swollen anymore than it did at first and her wounds aren't smelling rancid. I've treated her again today. I'm just trying to get her to eat some treats and hoping she can regain her strength and will to live.

How is she doing? Don't think you can do anything but keep her quiet and warm and hopefully she heals up. Expect about a week of her looking bad if she survives the first night.

Many times they won't eat or drink for a few days after. I wouldn't worry she will eventually show interest in food again.

Back
Top Bottom