Broken but healing :Turkey Burger

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by AnotherMeOhMy, Nov 17, 2018.

1. AnotherMeOhMy

AnotherMeOhMy Songster

Sep 23, 2018
    SE Idaho
    Its been almost 3 weeks now and Turkey Burger is healing well. She has gotten used to me and although she was not tame, she taking being handled very well. I think she knows Im taking care of her.
    Shes come a long way from her back looking like ground meat and her leg so bad yiu couls see through it as her foot dangled, thought to be lifeless.

Attached Files:

2. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw -Contemplating-

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama ♥️
    My Coop
    Glad to hear she’s doing better! Will you be keeping her or releasing her?

AnotherMeOhMy likes this.
  3. AnotherMeOhMy

AnotherMeOhMy Songster

Sep 23, 2018
    SE Idaho
    She technically belongs to the rancher whobis my landlord. But today as I brought my chicken out to show her how she has grown she said "I take it the other didnt make it?"
    I said no she did and asked if she wanted to see her and she said No. Sort of like ahe didnt want to be told anything further lol.
    I told them when I first brought the turkey in to fix her leg that I would return her to the flock when she heals.

A week later the husband asked how the turkey was. I told him she is healing well. I said that if she doesnt do well reintegrating into the flock that she can just live on my porch lol. My front door opens right on to the ranch and there's always chickens,ducks and turkeys on the porch.
    :)

4. Crazydoglady99

Crazydoglady99 Chirping

Nov 6, 2018
    Turkey Burger you are one lucky girl!!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    She has a very sweet expression- hope she heals well:hugs

6. AnotherMeOhMy

AnotherMeOhMy Songster

Sep 23, 2018
    SE Idaho
    Thank you :)

HuffleClaw likes this.
  7. Noellereagan

Noellereagan Songster

Jun 20, 2018
    Big Bend, Wisconsin
    I really want you to keep this bird. This little girl needs to be with you. I’m very impressed with your care and her recovery. Not many people could’ve or would’ve even tried to pull this off. I find your actions admirable. I’ll be honest, when I first seen this thread I didn’t think she had a snowballs chance in hell of recovery. And look at you doing you’re thing. And at thanksgiving no less. You go girl! This story makes my heart warm. You keep that bird.

8. Sarah99

Sarah99 In the Brooder

Oct 21, 2018
    Minnesota
    totally didnt realize there was a new thread!! She looks alot better she is getting so much love and attention!!!

AnotherMeOhMy likes this.
  9. AnotherMeOhMy

AnotherMeOhMy Songster

Sep 23, 2018
    SE Idaho
    Thank you so much I really appreciate your compliments. It feels great to hear these things :)
    I didnt think she was gonna make it either. Im in awe of her will to live .<3.
    She is cute. Sometimes she stares at me and when I want her to relax and nap I look at her and close my eyes slowly. I open mine and she has her eyes closed. She opens them again and I do it again. Then she cloeses her eyes again and does that little swallow thing that shows shes content and calm and ready to go to sleep. :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  10. AnotherMeOhMy

AnotherMeOhMy Songster

Sep 23, 2018
    SE Idaho
    :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: