Broken/dislocated hip

How did your chicken do? One of ours has hurt a leg today. I can't see a break, but she acts almost like her hip is dislocated. My husband doesn't want to put her down. I am wondering how everything turned out with yours.

What do I do when my chick was found laying on the ground and a couple days later he seems to be alert but he is off balanced on his left side on his hip???

A sling is a good idea, but in my experience with injured Guineas... they will baby themselves as much as needed, all on their own, if they can manage with the injury.

Aspirin (low dose) is commonly given to poultry for pain, and worked well for my one of my Guinea Hens that had a splinted (badly broken) leg in the past. I actually learned about it here on BYC. (I still have the Hen, and she's still free ranging 24/7 with her flock again).
How did you splint her leg. I have a chicken with a bad leg that seems to be hurt at the hock joint any ideas how to splint it to help her? I think the rooster hurt her.

How did you splint her leg. I have a chicken with a bad leg that seems to be hurt at the hock joint any ideas how to splint it to help her? I think the rooster hurt her.
@PeepsCA will not be responding to your post. The post you quoted was made September 17, 2012. She has not posted anything on BYC since Sep 22, 2014.

If you want an answer to your question about your chicken, you would do best to start a thread in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures forum.

Back
Top Bottom