Broken egg, chicks chirping

Yeah don't pull that off that would be the umbilical cord basically. It's a vein and they could bleed out. I would tuck it back under mom or under a light that emits heat - like a regular bulb not fluorescent or led.
I have heat bulb( red one), can i use that? If i put it under light, do i put anything else with it? I read somewhere water for moisture? For now, it's under the hen. It moves but not frequently.

I have heat bulb( red one), can i use that? If i put it under light, do i put anything else with it? I read somewhere water for moisture? For now, it's under the hen. It moves but not frequently.
I would only put it under the heat lamp if it's your only option. The hen would still be the best place for it. Under a heat lamp, it would need some type of moisture like an incubator. But, I honestly don't know what a proper set up would be.
The chick that I assisted, I was able to put back under the broody, then I checked on it a bit later and it was fluffed and doing well.

I would only put it under the heat lamp if it's your only option. The hen would still be the best place for it. Under a heat lamp, it would need some type of moisture like an incubator. But, I honestly don't know what a proper set up would be.
The chick that I assisted, I was able to put back under the broody, then I checked on it a bit later and it was fluffed and doing well.
Thank you so much for all your reply❤ I'm gonna leave it under mama and hope for the best. I'll keep checking though😳

Thank you so much for all your reply❤ I'm gonna leave it under mama and hope for the best. I'll keep checking though😳
The mother may have crushed the egg and was then working to help it hatch. That happened to one of my broodies. If you put the chick back under the broody and she accepted it, that's the best you could have done.

So the chick has kicked out of the membrane. It is chirping and kicking strongly. But it has something out as can be seen in the pictures. There is no blood but i see a very thin thread like sth sticking out. Will it go in with time? I've clean the area little bit and put her back under mama for warmth.
20210604_085818.jpg
20210604_085828.jpg

Back
Top Bottom