Broken feathers

The molting season is just starting.... They may be new feathers coming in. Dont pull anything, just leave them be. If they are meant to come off, they will.

The molting season is just starting.... They may be new feathers coming in. Dont pull anything, just leave them be. If they are meant to come off, they will.
Is it just starting? I was so worried! I dont really know the season they start molting for some reason i thought it was after winter when summer starts to hit lol. I just get worried since its getting a little cold out here. Ill post some pics just let me go take them! I had like 3 roosters and separated all of them from my hens due to them tearing my girls up the biggest rooster figured out how to get into the coop so i thought it might be okay since its just one and not 3 but now im not too sure so im thinking the broken feathers are from him šŸ˜­

20230824_091439.jpg
20230824_091440.jpg
20230824_091950_HDR.jpg
20230824_091957.jpg

My grey baby looks like shes getting hers back but its them broken ones on her wings im more concerned about.
You can post some pictures to make sure, if that will help :)
Oh... they. wont freeze. Their feathers grow back in time.

Dont worry to much about the cold. Chicken do MUCH better with the cold then the do the heat. With this heat wave, mine are suffering here! Just make sure they have a well ventilated, draft free coop.... they will be feathered out in no time!

Ill probably separate him again my ones poor girl is absolutely terrified of him. As for the chicken saddles i got those exact ones and i put it on 2 of my hens and they went absolutely nuts they were running around and scaring all my other hens even scared the crap out of the rooster šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ poor dude jumped like 2 feet and ran šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ then my hens hated me for a few days thank you so much tho! I absolutely love my babies i just want them to be okay and warm šŸ’œ

Back
Top Bottom