Broken hearted tonight we lost our one duck

Thank you
I’m sorry for your loss as well
Thanks.
you’re right too, most people don’t get it, unless they spend lots of time with ducks. Cute story, the two babies (they’re 2 months old) were sitting on their mother’s favorite spot. It’s on top of a little shelter they have in their run. Only their mom, Ruby, went up there. It was cool to see them enjoying her favorite spot!

Thanks.
you’re right too, most people don’t get it, unless they spend lots of time with ducks. Cute story, the two babies (they’re 2 months old) were sitting on their mother’s favorite spot. It’s on top of a little shelter they have in their run. Only their mom, Ruby, went up there. It was cool to see them enjoying her favorite spot!
We have a Ruby as well :) our other girl and the sister to the one who passed away
So very cute they feel so connected to their mom still.
I just got a call from the vet. The student vet there last night is able to send the duck for autopsy free of charge as part of her program. We will get answers in a few weeks
My other two are going on tomorrow to get check ups to make sure they are doing okay as ducks tend to hide illness till it’s to late

I'm very sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweetheart.

You are right that a lot of people don't understand how it feels, but we do. And it can be just as hard as loosing a cat or dog. It is for me.

I have gotten necropsies done at my vet for all my ducks who have passed away and it has given me a lot of closure. I hope it helps you, too.

We have a Ruby as well :) our other girl and the sister to the one who passed away
So very cute they feel so connected to their mom still.
I just got a call from the vet. The student vet there last night is able to send the duck for autopsy free of charge as part of her program. We will get answers in a few weeks
My other two are going on tomorrow to get check ups to make sure they are doing okay as ducks tend to hide illness till it’s to late
I'm so sorry you lost her. It can be so dang hard to lose animals. 💔
Please remember to update us when the necropsy is done.

I'm very sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweetheart.

You are right that a lot of people don't understand how it feels, but we do. And it can be just as hard as loosing a cat or dog. It is for me.

I have gotten necropsies done at my vet for all my ducks who have passed away and it has given me a lot of closure. I hope it helps you, too.
Thank you 😊
I just need to find out so if it’s something I can prevent in the future for my other ducks
I’m so glad I found this group for support.

So so sorry. I know how rough it is, at least you were there for her final moments and comforting her.

Like you said, many people don't understand how wonderful ducks are and how they have such amazing personalities. It's been 2 months since I lost my special crested Pekin duck to a brain lipoma. Still not over it, it takes to heal for both the flock and owner to adjust and adapt.

Sounds like she had an amazing life.

Thank you.
sprry for your loss as well
I’m noticing a change in my other 2 ducks
Not so much my drake but my other girl. They were sisters and never apart from day 1. When we would hold one and put it down they would run to each other and start chattering really loud ( we use to laugh and say they were sh.. talking ) but now she is lost she starts then stops right away and looks around. I have never had trouble getting them in to the house at night and the last 3 nights they are running all over it’s like they are looking for her.
I am so glad I was able to be by her side as she passed as hard as it was

Back
Top Bottom