Broken/Infected Toe?! Help please!

bnb2108

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 6, 2014
Atlanta, GA
About two months ago my little silkie roo decided to feebly attack a friend who was over, and as a result ended up breaking one of his toenails off. At the time, I soaked him, cleaned it up really good and separated him from the others for about 3-4 days.

Two weekends ago, my significant other was out in the yard and he attempted yet another pathetic attack and reopened his old wounds, or so I thought. I again gave him a soak, cleaned off the toe really good, and separated him for a few days.

Yesterday, I was out in the yard and noticed his toe looks like this (below). My question is, is it broken? (probably obviously). Is it infected? What do you recommend I do? I am mainly concerned that it might be infected and that the infection could spread to the rest of the foot. Would it be sufficient to give him an epsom salt soak, treat with triple antibiotic, wrap well and separate? I can take him to the vet, it's just going cost a lot.

Update: I decided to stop by the feed store and picked up some cut & heal liquid wound care. I am planning to give him an epsom soak and then apply it. Do you think that will work? Would neosporin be better?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom