Broken Leg?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by rwwjsw, Jun 28, 2010.

1. rwwjsw

rwwjsw Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2009
    One of my bob hatchlings has a leg problem. His leg just lies to the side sticks out and he does not move it his other leg is fine could it be broken is there something I can do. It still gets around with the leg messed up I tried catching it this morning to look at it and could not get my hands on it. Seems healthy it just looks like its leg is broken but I never noticed it until this morning I have 5 more and they are doing fine they are about a week old. I have them in a brooder cage I placed news paper over the wire floor for support over the wire and then I put paper towels over the news paper for them to walk on.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    News paper is bad news for young birds. Even with the paper towel over it the paper towel will slip around, move and they will end up on the newspaper.
    An old towel would be far better to provide good traction. It sounds to me like Spraddle Leg too. Follow that link and read how to deal with it. If caught early enough
    it can be reversed. Not dealt with generally ends up in death.

David

4. rwwjsw

rwwjsw Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2009
    OK Thanks I will get the news paper out and just leave the paper towels on the wire I will work on him tonight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by