It's really pouring down rain here. We've gotten over an inch or two since this morning. Yet one our birds was standing out in the rain this afternoon. I went out and I put her back in, only to have her come back out. Eventually DD brought the soaking chicken in to dry her. She seemed fine, but my DD showed me a tiny slither of glass she found in the run, red on one side and silvered on the other. I then knew exactly what had happened. The heat lamp over the water had exploded! We rushed out and disconnected the cord going to the heat lamp, got all the chickens out of the coop. Thank heavens there wasn't a fire b/c the lamp was still sparking! We cleaned out the entire coop and put down new hay and then put the chickens back. Perhaps this a another reason against having a heat lamp in a coop? Anyway, I am worried. There were tiny pieces of shiny glass all over, including in their feeder! Did they eat the glass? Would it be a problem if they had? What should I watch for or what can I do to help???